Monday, February 28, 2011

Wish Big

Make a Wish.... (Source)
What is it that you wish for today?   Is it a fresh new notebook with the perfect weight of paper for writing and drawing?  A clean house? A new pair of happy shoes for spring? World Peace?  To win the lottery?  To get into the university of your choice?  To go to graduate school?  To have the stamina to finish said graduate school?    The courage to start something new?  The strength to just make it through today?
When was the last time you wrote down your wishes and made them known? Known to yourself and to the Universe?    I just wrote down mine this morning and was surprised.  I was not surprised by something new showing up, but surprised by the consistency.  These are some of the same wishes that showed up the last time I did this in December.  The difference is that I am actually currently living some of these wishes right now.  Now I am trying to figure out how to give longevity to them.
Make a list of 20 wishes.  Just write them down as quickly as they come to mind.  You never know what maybe hiding inside your head and heart.  Just writing them down may help make them real to you and in turn make them capable  of happening by giving you the courage you to go after them. 
One thing that came up again in my wish list was strength.  There were actually two different kinds of strength that came up and I am going to work on those this week; Physical strength and mental strength.  This week I am going to take the time to cultivate those wishes.
Here a few of my wishes.
1.       I wish to be strong and fit.
2.       I wish to have a stronger and healthier dialogue in my head; for my interpretation filters to be positive and hear things in a more true sense.
3.       I wish to play daily.
4.       I wish for financial security and to have no money fears.
5.       I wish to create for several hours every day.
6.       I wish to keep practicing and for my creative work to become a lifelong habit.
7.       I wish to wish bigger, freer, braver  wishes.

I think it is important to wish big for others too, to throw our wishes out into the world like dandelion fluff. I have wishes for others near and dear to me too, and while I won't name name's, I wish them to feel more joy, to realize how special they are to me and to the world, and to have the strength to continue on their path. 
What are you wishing for today?  I am wishing you a you know it with every fiber of your being that anything/everything is possible.  Peace Out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment