Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 2-Get your Paint on

This week's challenge has been, well, a challenge.  At first I was all on board:  Pick a favorite artist and incorporate something of theirs-color, form, subject matter, painting type, etc- into your work. I started with this on Monday and changed course.  I had thought of a collage and a few other ideas but this is what I ended up painting.  Not sure what it will end up like but I am learning the importance of using the right brush and the right amount of paint mixed with water so even if it is pure ugly I am taking away a lesson.  I still want to add some words in this painting but I am not sure what they are yet.

I think tonight will find me painting walls instead of painting on paper.  I picked-up paint for the laundry room on Tuesday when I spent the day with my Mother.  Hoping that will clear my head some to come back to this project.
Week 2   2.3

No comments:

Post a Comment