Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Magical Pair

The Moon and Venus
This morning I awoke around 4:30....restless....with my pillow weighted in thought.  Images, words, colors, ideas, past hurts, love, and confusion all fighting for a solo in the melodrama of my waking. 

And then I rolled over and saw two bright lights in the sky. 

A sliver of a golden moon and Venus to her right shining high in the sky.  This is the moon of my childhood, when I thought the sliver was God's fingernail and that God was trying to point out something to the earth with that fingernail.  Was this the reason for my waking? 

I got up, made a cup of tea and waited for the moon and Venus to rise higher....just above the trees.  I stepped outside into the cold damp morning and greeted the dawn quietly and thankfully and somewhere in my mind I wondered who else was startled from sleep by this magical pair. Who else was up greeting the morning and staring at the same sight with different eyes but a similar heart? 

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I see a moon like this, I think of you. :) You told me the "God's fingernail" when we were little and I've always remembered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian~you have been on my mind a lot this week. How are you? Are you getting settled into your new home? I cannot wait to see your new craft room! Sending you lots of love xoxo

    ReplyDelete