Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekly Delights

I kept a small list of the ordinary and extraordinary things that delighted me throughout the week. 

  • My new easel that I bought on Monday. I love having it...it is a nice reminder to paint and a nice way to display what I am working on.
  • Finding this website on Tuesday-I want to do each project-I LOVE THIS!! http://52projects.com/2009/10/21/project-6/
  • Butters sitting in the light and allowing me to take her picture.
  • Having Chicken Pot Pie for dinner (I made and froze it back in December)
  • 
    I like to cut a small smiley face or heart in the top of the pie for whimsy
    
  • My Mother coming to visit.
  • Vila telling me about an artist she found in Ecuador.  He creates his paintings from leaves.  You know how leaves have spiny skeletons?  Imagine peeling off the outer layer to reveal that skeleton and using it as a wing for a hummingbird or the glass for a window.  I cannot wait for her to show me this art!
  • Finding The Selby and losing myself for a few moments to beautiful photography and quirky movies.  My favorite movie was about Rockaway Taco.
    • These were (some of) my favorite pictures:
  • 7_2_10_PamelaLoveJordan5766
    Look at all those books..very messy and creative at the same time.  (Source:  The Selby)

6_17_10_Gerald_Decock29367
Wall Collage  (Source:  The Selby)

 
"What did you do as a child that made the hours pass like minutes? Here is the key to your earthly pursuits.” — Carl Jung
  • Watching this video from My Get your Paint on Class.  I was moved and soothed at the same time.   

  • My brother sharing this link.  It made me all bouncy and bubbly and I played it over and over again. 

What delighted you this week?  Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment