Sunday, February 13, 2011

In Due Time

This morning I finished my painting for Week 2 of Get Your Paint On.  I love different aspects of this piece but feel there is something lacking that is needed to pull it all together.  I almost took it outside and flecked it with pink, white and black paint but was afraid that may take it further away from what I wanted.  I do however love the hummingbird, the tiny caterpillar, the flowers on the umbrella and the cherry blossoms. The hummingbird came to me this morning and is in honor of a friend.

This work was inspired by the artist Caia Koopman. I am drawn to her lovely doe eyed females but even more so to the stripes, flowers, animals, birds, and insects found in her work.  While I used several elements here, the key works of reference used were Blossom and Mockingbird 2 from the Sacred Space Collection.

I kept feeling like this painting needed words and at first I thought it might just be one word Spring because that is how the cherry blossoms made me feel.  But when I was finished painting I propped up the painting in front of me and got out my journal.  There the words revealed themselves.

There were still parts of her
hidden
even to herself....
Slow to be revealed...
Bursting open in due time.

Week 2-Painting

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOOOVEEEEE this painting!!!! Let me know when it's up for sale. It has so much life and movement and says so much! I just LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came back to admire your art again. :)

    ReplyDelete