Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here comes the Sun...

After three whirl-wind days infused with sunshine and spring like temperatures in which I cleaned and organized, and cooked, and painted and generally went about life in a sing-song fashion, I find myself slow, quiet, and feeling partly cloudy. 

I woke up this morning to bright sunshine and had my coffee early while writing about a strange dream I had last night.  Then Alan and I made breakfast while acting silly, (my favorite ingredient for cooking) ate, and chatted for a while.  Later I started looking into how to invest my 401K (insert: read too much about annuities and if I would ever be able to retire here) and all of a sudden I realized it was no longer morning, no longer sunny, and I no longer felt like taking on the world much less getting out of my pajamas. 

Since I could not have sunshine streaming through my windows, I figured I would turn to some of my favorite blogs for inspiration and a little sunshine through someone else's eyes.

  • Look at this bright and cheery artwork found on Brene Brown's Blog.
  • I love this handmade book that Shona Cole has created.  It is a mixture of her photography, poetry and collages.  She has so many beautiful DIY projects that she shares on here as well.
  • Going to give this creativity mix from 99% a whirl later on today..not sure if it works yet or but I love hearing new music.  I like to listen to music when I paint and play in my office.
  • Oh I love this...I found it in my favorites but cannot remember the original source.  It shows the sunsets and sunrises for your city/area everyday.  It is a wonderful reminder that the days are becoming filled with more light by just a few minutes every day.
Wishing you much light today no matter what the weather is like outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment