Friday, March 4, 2011

I've Got a Confession

Happy Pants (Source)
For the fashionista's out there this will be no less than a crime in your book, but I love overalls.  Yep, overalls.  Several years ago I saw that Eddie Bauer carried them in tall and I bought 2 pair!!  I had never been able to find a women's pair that fit me (I am 5'11") and all of the men's that I had tried on before did not fit right.  Anyway, I bought a pair in olive and a pair in denim and lived in them around the house and sometimes outside of the house until other's in my life told me I needed to ditch the look.

I rediscovered my overalls recently when I was cleaning out my chest of drawers and I decided that the olive pair would be great for painting.  When I started doing the tile work and painting in the kitchen I wore them constantly.  Now that I am working in the yard raking leaves, pulling weeds, cleaning out flower beds and just generally mucking around I find that I am wearing them once again. 

So while I can think of at least two people in my life (Kendra and Jeff) that are shaking their heads now if they are reading this and wondering how I could be their friend or sister, I still confess my  love of the overall and here are a few reasons why:

  • Comfortable-They do not constrict or tug at any part of my body at all. The loose fit of what is basically a onesie allows for easy movement. 
  • Durable-They are work worthy and I am not talking about the office here.  These things can handle all the paint, grime, and dirt in the world-this just gives them more character.
  • Character Building-I feel like a gardener, or a painter (of walls or canvases) when I wear these.  Slipping on the overalls is like slipping into a character.
  • Practical-They have tons of pockets that are big enough to hold a tape measure, a spade, a pair of scissors and a cute little loop for a hammer so whatever you need is close at hand.
  • Happy Pants-They make me feel so happy and carefree, like a little kid again somehow.
So fess up, what article of clothing do you have lurking in your closet that you just can't imagine parting with but may have been told you needed to get rid of?

2 comments:

  1. Big Girls in yoga pants...But they are so comfy! And I don't do yoga! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think overalls rock for all the same reasons. And how did I not realize you were 5'11?

    jennifer

    ReplyDelete