Monday, March 7, 2011

Just a few things...

Source
I wanted to check in lest you think that I have forgotten this special place.  I am still finding my way around and determining what to write here, what exactly is appropriate and how much do I want to share.  I actually share a depth of emotions here, but I want it to feel safe, for me and for you the reader, and more than that I want this space to bring us both light.
                                                                                                                                
So to catch up on things I have been working on my last Get Your Paint On painting for 7 days now.  Working is really a stretch of the word as it has been sitting more than being worked on.  I was almost finished with it last night when I became unhappy with words that I was painting and rubbed them all away.  For now the painting sits and I will get back to it later.  It is so different from the other paintings and I am looking forward to sharing it...when I get it finished.


Alan is on Spring Break this week so I am enjoying being able to have conversations with him and hear him laugh again.  He has quite a bit of pressure on him with these last two classes (Calculus 2 and Linear Algebra) on top of working full time.  He works so hard and goes-goes-goes all day long from 7 AM until after midnight every night.  This break could not have come soon enough and I am enjoying this week with him and the extra minutes in the day we have together.  We have watched Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson and Freakanomics  Both movies serve as a reminder of the magic that some poeple possess to see with a special eye into this world and for lifting the veil for the rest of us to catch glimpses of what is real.


I have also been working on my resume and preparing myself to re-enter Corporate America.  There have been a few gentle reminders from the Universe that I have some waylaid lessons to learn in preparation for this re-entry and for my journey in general. There has also been the reoccurrence of the fair weathered friend named Fear.  Fear's visits leave my stomach and spine in knots.  I really do hold my breath and all of my body in check and so writing these words I breathe in deeply and then exhale slowly releasing some of the pent-up particles that have accumulated.  The difference I see today is that I am not trying to push fear away (although I want to), but today I am looking fear in the eye and asking it what it has to tell me.  There are lessons here.

So while it may be quiet in this little corner of the world for the next week, I will be back and will check in as time and inspiration allow to share a few words or pictures.

1 comment:

  1. sending you love and gratitude for this beautiful space you have created.

    xoxo,
    jennifer

    p.s. hunter thompson fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete