Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Blooms

Spring 2011 from a brief Sunday morning adventure
Spring reminds me
that life is good, even
a little great,
and filled with trees of cotton candy blooms.
I am mesmerized by little honey bees
dancing from bloom to bloom,
dizzy and drunk on long awaited nectar.
I find myself a little drunk and open mouthed too,
thankful that spring can leave me
gaping and smiling, and feeling
tingly all over.
Spring reminds me of the magic in the world
that awaits me when I pull back
the curtain and open my eyes.
Spring 2011 from a brief Sunday morning adventure

4 comments:

  1. Your spring blossoms are so lovely. Here I am anxiously pushing open the back windows every morning and inhaling the air with eyes closed to determine if our jasmine has bloomed.

    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Beautiful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, Our Jasmine does not bloom until later in the season here but it is unmistakeable once you catch a whiff...it is one of those smells that my memory instantly associates with summer.

    Marian~Thank You! Cannot wait till you are back up and running in your craft room-I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos turned out! Beautiful blossoms. There is a pine tree outside my window so I have to go outside to see signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete