Sunday, March 6, 2011

Short and Sweet

Source
Tonight I am borrowing from artist Candy Chang and her Before I Die installation.  In her words, it is about remembering what is important in life and about turning a neglected space into a constructive one where we can learn the hopes and aspirations of the people around us. 

I was very moved by this and how it prompted me to acknowledge my own list.  It is kind of scary throwing these kind of thoughts out into the world, but also so very liberating. 

Before I die I want to walk the Road to Santiago.
Before I die I want to see the Aurora Borealis.
Before I die I want to write a book.
Before I die I want to travel to Greece.
Before I die I want to learn to play the violin.
Before I die I want to make a difference in my community.
Before I die I want to travel through Africa.

What do you want to do before you die? 

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this. Before I die I want to visit Frida Kahlo's house, Casa Azul, in Mexico. I want to drink mint tea while strolling through a Moroccan spice market in Marrakesh with my husband. I want to live in Paris and speak fluent French. I want to be a fabulous cook. I want to have read all of the books in my home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer~
    As I read your note I kept saying wow, me too! Me too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete