Thursday, March 3, 2011

Harmony

Photo Source


This morning I sought harmony; a balance, neither light not dark, but perhaps a shade of green.  Green for growth, for life, and for energy.  I sought a haven where all of my parts and thoughts are welcome and present, nothing right or wrong, just present.  These were my thoughts as I realized that today was the day I must start meditating.  Not thinking about it, or planning to do it, or trying to do it and finding excuses.

It took me 2 hours......  

First I needed to write and pour out thoughts that were floating around in my head.   I then attempted to do a seated meditation.  Our dog, Butters, jumped up on me wanting to play.  I took her out for a brief walk.  Then I read some about anxiety and meditation in order to get receptive to the idea again.  I again attempted a seated meditation and again was disturbed by Butters. So I went and got her a raw hide bone which I think is the equivalent of sticking your child in front of the TV. She was mesmerized and focused. I closed the door to my office and tried again.

 I did three different seated meditations, two concentrating on my breathing and one allowing myself to be aware of all the sounds and sights around me while still being aware of my inner self.  I was getting there but still not feeling quiet and relaxed enough.

Then I thought, why not look for a guided meditation on You Tube.  Ta Da!  I also decided to lay down instead of sitting up. My feet were planted on the floor with my knees about hip width apart and palms facing up and my head was resting on a pillow.  This felt the most natural and with my feet planted and knees up.  I not only felt rooted to the earth but also felt there would less chance to fall asleep.  At one point, towards the end of the meditation, I did let the knees rest together and that felt perfectly fine too.

I really enjoyed this guided mediation.  It is right at 14 minutes and concentrates on the chakra's.  The guides voice was soothing for me too. At first her accent was distracting but that went away quickly as I was swept into the breathing and focus inward.

Here is the guided meditation that I used today if you are interested in trying it.



2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I've been looking for guided meditations recently so will defo try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. I just tried it; very different from the others I've tried that usually have music and are about half an hour. I liked it, it was simple and 15 minutes feels easier to slot into your day. Thanks for this. :)

    ReplyDelete