Friday, October 12, 2012

Day Twelve: Favorite Things-Treasure Hunting

A Few of This Years Found Objects
Treasure Hunting is a daily activity and one that I relish.  As a child I was the one enlisted to find things in our household when they were lost and usually located the lost item in record time.  I loved combing through the many drawers, cabinets and closets in my grandparents home and would routinely drag out items that I found wanting to know what they were, where they came from and to show the rest of the family (My mother, brother, grandmother and grandfather) what I had found.  Perhaps because I had such an intimate knowledge of the inventory of our home is why I was so good at locating our lost objects. I frequently found money in the grocery store aisle or right outside of the store as well. 

To this day treasure seems to find me as much as I find it. I find it in a four leaf clover or a feather along my path, in the fortune inside the carefully folded cookie and in the comic strip wrapped around the slice of gum. Treasure is  a pair of pants that fits like they were tailored just for me located at the thrift store, or the perfect book of poetry found at the used bookstore, signed by the author.  Along my daily walks I often find earrings, dimes, and pennies, and hand written notes on tiny slips of paper.  And I have jars and bowls full of shells and rocks from the beaches and creeks I have visited over the years.

Do you Treasure Hunt outdoors or in thrift and consignment stores?  What are some of your favorite finds?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so loving your favourite things series! Such a good way to focus on what you love and are grateful for.

    My treasure usually comes from the beach, you'll be surprised to learn! I have a growing collection of heart stones. Also tiny things people give me I often keep and put on my 'altar' of sorts; a place for treasured things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tara~glad you are enjoying the series. :) I have seen your beautiful heart stones and love the ones you have painted as well. I love "littles" too! Anything in miniature form makes me smile...I would love to see your alter of treasures.

    ReplyDelete