Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day Five: Favorite Things-Just Being

I fretted a bit about missing a post after making the commitment to have 14 so here is my day late post.  The reason I missed the post is because I was just living, being, doing.....the normal stuff.  Nothing special in some ways, but wonderful in others.

The day started with a cold Alan had developed taking a turn for the worse and him needing a little extra attention.  So I made sure he was comfortable and had everything he needed and figured I would be able to get to the post later in the afternoon since it was my day off from running.  Then Alan mentioned he thought we would head back to our other house early since he was sick and working from home and maybe we would leave that night, so I started packing. 

Just as I had finished packing and sat down at the computer the phone rang and it was my brother on the other end saying his car had over-heated.  He wasn't sure if it would require a simple fix or a major fix but wondered if I would be around.  So I began shifting gears and then wondered what we would have for dinner because feeding people is something I do and since we were planning to head home that evening I had not made plans for dinner. 

And I went and picked-up my brother.
And he did spend the night.
And I thawed out 2 jars of frozen chicken and vegetable soup I had just made a couple of weeks ago.
And we had a wonderful dinner, the three of us and Miss Butters.
And we laughed and discussed the crazy elections and the debate from the night before.
And my brother worked a little bit.
And I read a little bit of a new book.
And Alan read the news online.
And we made plans for the next day and went to bed full of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment