Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day Six: Favorite Things-Photography

Another of my favorite things is taking pictures.  For me, photography is another way of connecting to the life around me.  It can be a sliver, a microscopic taste, a vast ocean of nothing or everything, containing the frailty and tragedy as well as the miraculous glorious joy of life.  It is a tiny time capsule created by a captured instant that catapults the viewer into a rich inner world of association, the interpretation created by the layers making up the viewer and their unique experiences and beliefs.

Most of my photos tend to be of nature, moments when I am out walking, running, working in the yard or traveling and are taken with a simple point and shoot camera or my cell phone.  I have not yet developed a knack for taking photos of others although I do snap quite a few of these too.  I generally create a folder for each month and save all the pictures I take to that folder, the exception being for special trip or excursions that have their very own folder. 

The pictures are a diary for me and as soon as I see them I am transported back to the moment, no words required.  Here are a few of my favorite photos.

What does photography mean to you?  Please feel free to share a link to your own work in the comments section below.




 
Taken with cell phone, field bathed in bright light
 
Taken with point and shhot camera, crooked creek
 
Taken with cell phone, summer clouds
 
Taken with cell phone, dogwood in bloom
 
Taken with point and shoot, walk along the beach
 
Taken with point and shoot, daughter by fortune and husband
 
Taken with point and shoot, creek bed from moutain hike

Taken with point and shoot, flower on mountain hike
Taken with point and shoot,

 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved the way you see the world through a camera lens...these are incredible photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete