Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Around Here

Around Here

This little flower/weed reminds me of an elaborate fountain.
Butters and I just returned from a long slow walk around a few city blocks where
She sniffed and scratched at the earth while I admired the over sized clover and abundance of dandelions.
The patio door and windows are open and in the distance 
The sky is still blue with gigantic clouds of white framed in a warm tawny back glow from the sun.
My hip and leg are still aching but my heart feels full and happy because
I left work on time (Which feels early to me) and the evening feels stolen and special.
The house is quiet and empty as Alan is working late but in that anticipatory way that is a good empty.
On the horizon there are visions of
Painting colorful circles longways against a canvas,
Ideas to make lotion bars, and
A plot forming to spread flower and vegetable seed all over a semi vacant lot that we frequent.

I hope your spring evening feels just as special.







No comments:

Post a Comment