Thursday, September 29, 2011

Twilight Time

Twilight, Muddy Creek Greenway, view from bench


She said, "Twilight is my favorite time.  The sounds and colors shift and signal the settling of the day."

Tuesday evening my Mother and I sat on a bench together at the Greenway and enjoyed the last bits of color dance across the sky as evening became night.  We held hands and reminisced and dreamed out loud.  We cried a little and laughed a little.  We listened and recognized each other like only we can.   We spoke aloud how much that moment, together on the bench, hand in hand, gazing at the sky amongst the wild things, meant to us.

Time feels so fleeting right now.  It is a mixture of the approaching fall and winter, the nearness of my birthday in the coming month, and the reality that we will close on a new home tomorrow.  All of these events signal that another cycle is coming to an end as another one begins.  There is much to be joyful for.  There is much to be thankful for.  There are tears and longing swirled amongst the joy and I will hold this memory of this twilight close to my heart forever. 

2 comments:

  1. I am wishing you all the greatest joys in your time of transition and happy to know you have your mother's loving hand to hold in the moments of tenderness. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me sigh. So much sweetness and tenderness in your words. And such a beautiful twilight.

    ReplyDelete