Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Painting


Blue Feather
I painted this feather last week but finished putting a glaze on it yesterday afternoon.  Michael's (craft store) was having a sale a few weeks ago and I bought several square canvases and this is one of them.  I intended to paint blue and green swirls on a yellow and gold background but I ended up with this instead.  The yellow, gold and green are there but hiding under the silver.  This painting reminds me of a peacock feather which reminds me of my grandmother and also of my favorite colors (blue, green, and gold).  I did, however, leave out the golden eye that is more typical of a peacock feather.


Paintings in progress

I have 4 other paintings in process as well, each quite different from the next.  I seem to be in a blue phase these days when it comes to painting but I am also very drawn to petal pink and this apricotish yellow as well.  I am craving crimson red for a future painting and think I will splurge on the one little tube I have or experiment in making a crimson red from my other paints.

3 comments:

  1. I love to see your paintings ~ and that there are so many! Seeing them grouped together reminds me of my quilt blocks. Your color combinations are wonderful ~ I can't wait to see what you do with the crimson red. (I still think about the first painting you did with the umbrella and stripes.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer...I so love those colors in your quilt that I may have to try my hand and color mixing a few of them for a painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing what you come up with (and taking notes!)

    ReplyDelete