Thursday, June 2, 2011

All of This....



This morning I was struck with how very much I am in love with my life right now.  Somewhere between walking through the dewy grass and having my flip-flopped feet tickled, searching for four leaf clovers, telling Butters that the crashing and ruffling sounds in the woods were wild monkeys at play and catching the late morning shadow display on my kitchen window seal I was prompted to write this: 

Today if I listened
I would hear my own voice say
"If not now, when".

And

"It is ok that you have several projects
and works of art in process,
but you need to ask yourself
if you are exploring your creative options or
if you are running away from your greatness?"

And

"Sometimes greatness hurts because it
stretches you and expands you to the point
you think you may burst.  This can be scary, but it
is necessary just like taking a deep
breath before you dive deep into the water searching for
sea shells."

And

"Are you stopping one thing and jumping to another because it is getting harder?
Everyday is a work in progress,
everyday you learn more and push through
to greater understanding,
to deeper connection,
to less needs,
to the world around you is enough."

The splendor of light flooding through the window pane at 4 pm,
the hiss and hum of the air conditioner soothing the need for quiet,
the birdsong that is the background soundtrack playing throughout the day.
Letting my hair air dry,
Wearing an apron
splattered in paint as my
new uniform of choice.

All of this.
And the space and time to write this down.
All such beautiful gifts.

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful space to be in! the thought of butters being entertained by your wild monkey tales make me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer~ A few minutes later I told her it was probably just a squirrel or possible a baby bird learning to fly as the monkeys made her nervous. :) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I forgot to tell you! I thought of you during a hike in the rain forest because my sister mentioned that she was looking for 4-leaf clovers and then it got me addicted to looking myself and I remembered your 4-leaf clover. :)

    What beautiful gifts indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the thought of hiking through a rain forest-I have never done that but am adding that to my list of things I must do! Did you find any 4 leaf clovers? :)

    ReplyDelete