Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Unfolding


All weekend I felt like fall.
I counted the moons and tides
and the lines of my own mapped body.


Today I feel like lapis
washed  soft and smooth
with veins of pyrite sparkling.


I am timeless and nameless,
in tune for this very moment
with the energy of all life.


This very well may be my fall.
In spring I was drunk on the green vine,
shatter proofed.
In the summer I was lustful and lazy
in the damp humidity of creation.


A praying mantis dead and broken on my door step,
the color of green-grey bark,
is placed on my mantle
along with the birds’ nest,
long empty,
and the remnants of lilies and a gum tree barb.


I see differently now.
There are stories unfolding.
Leaves fall like pages turning.

2 comments:

  1. Such rich imagery in the seasons of your words.
    These lines especially linger with me:
    "I counted the moons and tides
    and the lines of my own mapped body."
    and
    "I see differently now.
    There are stories unfolding.
    Leaves fall like pages turning."
    So, so lovely.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete