Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve

What do I love about New Years Eve?  The raw potential, reading other people's facebook and blog posts and seeing the hope they have, the readiness to let go of what is no longer working for them, the shimmering light at the end of the tunnel,...the freshness of it all. 

On this New Years Eve, I am wishing you healing where it is needed, trust to recognize your dreams, strength to see those dreams come to life, joy in your heart, and a connection with the pulse of life around you that lets you see just how very much a LOVED and NECESSARY part of the universe you are.

I will admit I am going into the New Year with tears and smiles, light and dark, fear and hope...and also the growing (expanding and increasing) knowledge of how very precious this very moment is.

 
The new year is a whisper
in my ear.
So close I turn around smiling
thinking I hear her enter the room.
a breath of fresh air.
a new day.
sunshine and rain and foggy mist rising.
courage to put one foot
in front of the other,
forward going.
the taste of incoming tide
salty and blue,
cleansing.
the currents carrying sea
foam far unto the horizon.
This is as much a blessing for me
as it is for you.
A story more ancient than
light.
Shake out the dust.
Blow the motes a gentle kiss.
You are soft
warm clay.

3 comments:

  1. I don't post on here enough...but I read all your posts and I have to tell you that I LOVE your poetry. It speaks to me...quietly and peacefully. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The new year is a whisper
    in my ear.
    So close I turn around smiling
    thinking I hear her enter the room."

    the quiet optimism of discovery i feel from these lines resonates. it is such a pleasure to read your poetry.

    ReplyDelete