Monday, December 19, 2011

Today is


Today is bright sunshine and cold blue skies with grilled pimento cheese sandwiches.  There are plans to see old friends and dinner with family later in the week.  There are lines of poetry rattling around in my head that are like those elusive dreams we wake from and I cannot seem to capture their luster as I reach for my pen and paper.  So I smile and let them rattle on, knowing sooner or later they will come out in some form or fashion; a conversation shared here, a letter posted there, or in a tear gliding down my cheek while contemplating the light and dark of the world. 

2 comments:

  1. "There are lines of poetry rattling around in my head that are like those elusive dreams we wake from and I cannot seem to capture their luster as I reach for my pen and paper."

    Yes, yes, yes, this has been happening over here too.

    Hope your holidays have been filled with snowfalls of magic and joy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete