Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lima Bean Salad Recipe

I have been craving a fresh and new cold bean salad since I tasted the Corona Bean and Shrimp Salad at Cafe Fiorello in New York.  Since I had a friend coming over for lunch on Friday I decided to test a recipe that I found for Butter Bean Salad and changed the beans to these giant lima beans we have at our grocery store and also added a generous amount of freshly chopped Italian Flat Leaf Parsley.  Oh it is so good that I thought I would share here. 

I imagine this recipe could be changed to suit different taste's and how you could add shrimp if you like or even serve it warm in the winter, but for these 98 degree days, cold is perfect for me.  My friend loved it and asked for the recipe and my sister-in-law had two servings of it and raved about it.  I hope you like it too! 

PS...I served it with fresh corn on the cob that my friend brought and fresh out of the oven tomato pie that I wrote about before.

Butter Bean Salad Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
  • 2 cans butter beans, rinsed and drained, 15 ounces each (or Butter Beans-that is what I used)
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/3 palm full
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 large lemon, juiced
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 Palm full of Italian Fat Leaf Parsley (my addition)

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss to coat beans and vegetables evenly in dressing.

Now I am off to pick blueberries with another friend. Have a Delightful Day!

1 comment: