Friday, July 1, 2011

In the Garden

Yesterday afternoon I was out back in the garden watering and pulling weeds and decided to go inside and grab the camera and capture the late afternoon sun shining on the plants.  My neighbor spied me through the trees taking pictures and got a good laugh at me.  I had no idea anyone was anywhere around but just laughed back with her.  I am sure I looked funny squatting in the grass snapping pictures of basil and tomatoes and such.  She gave me some beautiful flowers to plant and we traded jalepeno peppers from her garden and zuchini from my mother's garden. 

White Squash~just pretty yellow blooms so far.....looking forward to seeing the squash

Cucumber~I like this one because it looks like a watermelon

Dill Weed

 Miniature Tomatoes

Okra~first time I have grown this...

Heirloom Tomato blooms

Our little Postage Stamp of a Garden~flooded after my chat and trading with the neighbor

Dwarf Basil Plant

Green Tomato~I am babying this one as it is the only one we have so far

Bumble Bees enjoying the Bee Balm Flowers

Wishing everyone a happy and long weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your garden looks delicious! The thought of fresh dill makes my mouth water ~ need to plant some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary~Thank you so much! :)
    Jennifer~ Thank you-the dill and thyme and basil are delicious as well as the two cucumbers and dozen or so baby tomatoes I have enjoyed...looking forward to trying the big heirloom tomatoes, the squash, the peppers, and really excited about seeing and tasting the okra! I have some Dill flowers on my plant...I wonder if there are seeds in there that you could plant...I can send you some if you like. :)e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! That cuke does look like a watermelon! What if it is?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks full of delicious! The cucumber does look like a watermelon. I wonder if they're related? They do seem similar now that I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cucumber turned out to be be just that...a cucumber...yummy either way. :)

    ReplyDelete