Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Playing with Words

I decided to incorporate words into the Sun Painting (that I am still working on).  I gathered the words and placed them on a black foam board I bought for the frame work of the Seahorses (they should be framed by the end of today!)  The other evening I decided to group the words together in preparation to adding them to my painting and the words started revealing the most beautiful imagery.  I would scoot a word here and a word there and form these stories and even mosaic pictures from the word shapes.  Now I am am having a hard time finishing the sun painting because I am attached to these words.  The thing with creativity is you never know where it will take you.....words for my painting became a poem of their own, the opening for lines for a novel (perhaps), and the inspiration to begin a project that has been in the dark long enough.

Strolling down the geranium bathed sidewalks
I find kindess water offered at the
corner of incarnation and fiction.

What an adventure in solace
this heirloom light
awakens.

I dance across pools
of wild cosmos
lingering under the mosaic moon
while you write suitcase poetry
from the Shangri-La gardens.

4 comments:

  1. I am drawn to the line: "I dance across pools of wild cosmos"

    (I have The Elegance of the Hedgehog. I was also drawn to it by its title, though I have not yet managed to read it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth~Thank you. :) I am still working on The Hedgehog. It took me until around page 76 to get into it (I wrote the page number down when I felt the click).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How magical! I'm in love with "suitcase poetry." It's such fun to play with words this way ~ you never know what lovely surprises will reveal themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer~You came to mind when these two words came together. :) This was so much fun...this "play" time reminded me of Susan.

    ReplyDelete