Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Short Movie


This is a short shaky movie of a recent bike ride at the greenway near my house.  It had been years since I had ridden and I forgot the joy of having the wind rush at you as you fly down the path.  The path that I bike is thankfully flat and is flanked by a tree-lined creek on one side and meadows of wildflowers and brushy weeds on the other. 

This week during my bike ride I had several days where I felt absolutely wonderful (perfect really) and life felt as if I were in a movie.  The birds, crickets, and tree frogs were in synchronized symphony, the breeze was cool and gentle and tinged with the scent of cedar, the sky the most perfect shade of blue and dotted with zippity little clouds of fuzzy white, and my heart was somehow beating in rhythm with everything as I peddled my legs down the path before me.  There was a smile plastered wide across my face and  I smiled even deeper as I felt gratitude in my heart for this moment and savored it knowing how precious it is to feel this harmony.  This ride for me is like a moving meditation.  The sounds and smells center me and there is no past and no future, only now. 

I hope you are finding moments of harmony and joy in your September.

6 comments:

  1. what a lovely spot for a bike ride. i can smell the fresh air and feel the breeze brush against my face. love, love, love that carefree feeling of being on a bicycle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian~Wish you could join me for a ride....It is a beautiful area.

    Jennifer~I had forgotten that carefree feeling...I am so happy to have it back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just gotten my bike back out for the first time in years-I'm always surprised I don't have bug mouth because my smile is so huge when I ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ridden a bike in years, but I can almost imagine it. (Though truth be told, I mostly enjoyed it only when going downhill. ;)

    That looks like such a gorgeous spot for a bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anastasia~Laughing because I know what you mean! I have been smacked in the face with a bug or too that narrowly missed my mouth.

    Elizabeth~This path is thankfully flat for the most part..I like the hills when they are downhill too. There is that feeling of butterflies in your stomach as you fly downhill that is so exhilarating. :)

    ReplyDelete